Web Accessibility Training
Web Accessibility Training
Cost:$950/person ($800/person for groups of two or more)
Join WebAIM's accessibility experts for two days ofweb accessibility trainingMay 7–8,2019 in beautiful Logan,Utah.
- This training session will teach everything from basic web accessibilityprinciplesto advanced accessibilitytechniques.
- Learn what you need to know to ensure that your web site meetslegal guidelines and international standards.
- This training is primarily suited for web developers,though it will be valuable for designers,program managers,quality assurance experts,or anyone interested in gaining a deep understanding of web accessibility.A basic understanding of HTML is recommended.
Training participants receive a complimentary registration forWebAIM's Document (Word,PowerPoint,and PDF) Accessibility online course- - - - - - 125美元的价值。
Our previous trainings have received an average evaluation rating of over 4.5 out of 5.Read what others have said about WebAIM trainings
Registration is limited to ensure you get individualized attention,so register now to secure your seat.There are currently5剩下的座位。
- Principles of Web Accessibility: Building Perceivable,Operable,Understandable,and Robust (POUR) web sites.
- How do individuals with disabilities interact with and use the web?Understanding how assistive technologies work.
- Understanding your legal requirements - Section 508,Section 504,the Americans with Disabilities Act,and other state,U.S.,and international laws.
- Evaluating web site accessibility - automated tools,user testing,using screen readers,and understanding the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1.
- Captioning considerations and recommendations
- HTML Accessibility Techniques
- Images and appropriate alt text
- Form labels
- Frame titles
- Tables - layout tables,table headers,and associating data cells with headers
- Keyboard accessibility techniques
- HTML5,CSS,and web application accessibility
- ...and much,much more.
- Putting it all together
- Evaluation tools,techniques,and methodologies
- 万博体育官网网址Accessible navigation,structure,and semantics
- Developing and implementing web accessibility policies and practices
- The last ~2 hours of the training will be split into two sessions - one for Advanced ARIA accessibility and the other for an overview of document accessibility - Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat (PDF).
"One of the best technical conferences I've attended."
December 2017 Training Participant
If you want to learn the skills required to ensure your organization's web site is 万博体育官网网址accessible,this training will provide what you need.We'll also provide the 万博亚洲体育官网resources and information you need to empower your organization to meet all of your future accessibility needs.
WebAIM has trained tens of thousands of web developers across the world.Clients include PayPal,IBM,eBay,the Internal Revenue Service,several state governments,and over 100 colleges and universities.WebAIM trainers have presented at hundreds of conferences and meetings around the world and are active in web accessibility standards development.
Training times will be from 9am-5pm on Tuesday,May 7th and from 9am-3:30pm on Wednesday,May 8th.This leaves time to get to Salt Lake City for an evening flight after approximately 6pm.The training will be held in room 507 of the University Inn at Utah State University.
Registration includes light refreshments and coffee,and lunch on both days.Computers are not provided,but complimentary wireless internet access will be provided.We recommend that participants bring a laptop or tablet.
Pre-training Tour and Dinner
For those that are interested,we will be having pre-conference tour of scenic Logan Canyon on Monday afternoon (we'll leave Logan at 3:30pm).We will also hold a pre-training dinner in Logan on Monday evening if you would like to join us.
As part of a training registration,you'll have the opportunity to secure exclusive technical assistance time with WebAIM staff at a discounted price.You can purchase either 3 or 5 hours of Training Plus consultation time to be used before or within 4 months of the training date.
The training was very useful and will have a great impact as we begin building our new site.
June 2017 Training Participant
Logan,Utah is readily 万博体育官网网址accessible via Salt Lake City.The Salt Lake City airport is accessed by all major airlines.Logan is a scenic 1.5 hour drive North of Salt Lake City.Shuttle serviceis available (select the USU Veterinary Science Building location - this is a short walk from the University Inn).
We strongly recommend staying on campus atthe Utah State University Inn- the training is held in the nearby Eccles Conference Center.Discounted rooms are available to training participants.The March training room discount is available hereandMay training room discount is available here.
Our training site is close to many recreational and scenic areas,including Logan Canyon Scenic Highway (10 minutes),Bear Lake(1 hour),Park City(2 hours),Yellowstone National Park(4 hours),Jackson Hole(4 hours),andZion National Park(5 hours).There are plenty of opportunities if you would like to extend your trip and see more ofUtahand beyond.
If you have any questions regarding the training or the registration process,pleasecontact us by e-mailor at 435-797-7024.